Obama played chess
Trump plays poker (and real estate broker, and mafia boss)
Presidential Games: Trumps Rules
- Hold your cards close to your chest.
- Bluff, bluff, bluff
- Use facial expressions that offer no content and change them often
From real estate:
- HYPERBOLE, HYPERBOLE
- Be prepared to look like you will walk away from the table/ deal (works in poker too)
- Gin up competition and don’t be afraid to fake it if there is none
From the mafia
- Use threats if all else fails and look like someone who knows people who can back up those threats
- Poor people are losers so it’s OK to lie to them, cheat them, and steal from them, in fact most people who aren’t me are losers so this gives me a license to cheat anyone
- Pout if people don’t like you; then get even
I’m sure this is hardly an exhaustive list of Trump’s leadership rules. Feel free to add your own. I suppose some of these traits could be positive in certain situations.